Patient Participation Group (PPG)
A Patient Participation Group (PPG) is generally used to describe a patient group based in a GP practice. It is led by patients but run in partnership with the GP practice to:
- Give views as a patient on how services can be improved and receive feedback on those views
- Help patients to be more informed and responsible for their own health
- Build a positive working relationship with the practice
- Meet other patients and share experiences
- Support the practice to help patients to stay well
- Help to improve communication between practice and patients
Each PPG is unique. It makes decisions on its own structure, priorities and work programme. As it acts as a bridge between patients and the GP practice, it is important that each PPG has a broad base of patient involvement and views. We try to make our PPG as representative of our practice population as possible, and encourage all patients to get involved.
If you would like to join, please complete our Patient Participation Group Registration form. If you would like to raise something or have an idea for an initiative just get in touch! Please note this is not a space for personal medical complaints.
LPPGN Network Meeting
The Lambeth PPG Network hosts bi-monthly meetings for PPG members to meet, share, discuss and be updated on the latest local and national changes within primary care. Representatives from practice PPGs are welcome to attend.
If you plan to attend a Network meeting as a representative of your PPG, please let your PPG Chair/Steering group know that you are coming. We would ask that you feedback to your respective groups, so that the discussions, themes and information is shared more widely.